Good morning all!
Today I want to express my love for breakfast. Not only is it my favorite meal of the day, but it is the MOST IMPORTANT meal of the day. Everyone should eat within about 30 minutes of waking up, this will break the fast stage that your body is in and will get your metabolism going. Although many of you probably say, “but I’m not hungry”. Regardless of your reasoning for skipping out on breakfast, it doesn’t matter… NO MORE EXCUSES! Your body isn’t sending the “hungry” signal to your brain because of many reasons, one may be because you are dehydrated. The hungry signal is properly known as the hormone ghrelin. Ghrelin increase hunger and activates the hypothalamus (a part of your brain) and says I’M HUNGRY!!! I want to share breakfast ideas that I personally eat on the regular because, not only are they delicious, but they’re so SIMPLE 🙂
Overnight Oats– combine 1/2 cup oats + 1 scoop vanilla protein + nuts + fruit+ water or milk –> Place in the fridge overnight and viola!
- I like to make these in the Ball Mason Jars a week at a time –> you can combine different fruits and flavors for a variety each morning
Easy Breakfast Skillet– On the top stove heat pan on medium heat, add in breakfast meat of choice + chopped up veggies (I use jalapeños+peppers+onion)
- Sauté until meat is cooked and veggies are soft, then add in eggs/egg whites and seasoning
- Let this cook until everything is well combined and eggs are cooked
Chocolate Chip Walnut Muffins- Follow instructions on the back of muffin box for basic muffin –> I recommend the Hodgson Mill Whole Wheat Muffin Mix (found at HEB)
- After combining the ingredients from the box instructions, add in 1-2 scoops of protein of choice + 1/3 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips + handful of chopped walnuts
- Bake at 400 degrees for about 12-15 mins–> Store in fridge and enjoy heated up or cold
Peanut Butter Banana & Chocolate Quesadilla-Click here to see picture! You will need: burrito size whole wheat tortilla + peanut butter + medium banana+ handful semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Simply spread peanut butter on tortilla, add slices of banana to one side, then sprinkle chocolate chips over the side with the banana slices
- Fold the tortilla over (in half) and place on top stow pan medium heat to allow chocolate chips to melt
- Heat for about 3-5mins each side, cut into triangle pieces an enjoy! –> these can be dipped in maple syrup too!
Mixed Berry Smoothie- This smoothie is awesome, especially for those of you who are always on-th-go! This smoothie can be enjoyed as a meal replacement because it provides protein + fats + carbs all in one!
- Combine in a blender: 1-2 cup spinach (promise you can’t taste it, just an easy way to get in those greens) + 1 cup frozen mixed berries (any kind) + 1 medium frozen banana + 1/3 cup full fat greek yogurt (plain or vanilla flavor works best) + 1/2 cup oats + water or almond milk +1 scoop vanilla protein powder (optional)
And one more…. Banana Nut Pancakes Recipe <– click here
Check out my instagram page for pictures of these ideas and more!
>>>>> FOODIES CLICK HERE <<<<